Old November 29th 05, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John Kasupski

Default What do you listen to?

On 28 Nov 2005 21:31:52 -0800, wrote:

Just wanted to take a poll in what everyone most listens to with there
scanner?

Police/Fire?

Police, fire, and EMS, the public safety "big three"

Military?

Yep...I live near a joint facility that's ANG/USAFR and listen to milair as well
as base comms on the ground.

Air?

Yep, civilian and military aircraft. Also ground ops at the airports.

Maritime?

Yes - The VHF-FM marine band as well as the USCG Group near here, Group Buffalo,
as well as USCG activity on the civilian and military air bands.

any others?

Yep:

1. Local government (DPW and highway crews, civil defense/emergency management,
DOT, hazmat teams, and other governmental agencies like that which don't fall
into the police/fire/EMS category.

2. Public and private security/police organizations at nearby colleges and
universities....which I don't necessarily lump in with police since some of them
are duly sworn police officers while at other schools they are not.

3. Ham radio operators in the 6m/2m/70cm bands.

4. NOAA weather radio broadcasts.

John Kasupski, Tonawanda, New York
Amateur Radio (KC2HMZ), SWL/Scanner Monitoring (KNY2VS)
zIRC #monitor Admin