Old July 3rd 03, 12:51 AM
Phil Kane

(Message read and reply posted in rec.radio.amateur.policy)

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:46:45 GMT, S. Sampson wrote:

I'm being vague, but the gist of it, is that you
can't make money, and I never heard of a research program that did.

How do you think Tommy Lott developed ACSB when the land-mobile
big-three folks turned him down flat and he did the "research" for
the wannabee companies? Can you say 20 meters ?

Lots of us knew what he was doing but nobody wanted to blow the
whistle. Shame on me.

Then again, best to let that "creation" stay dead.....it's been about
25 years, and it never caught on, primarily because the manufacturers
who did fall for that scheme could never get the equipment to work
properly.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane