Old November 30th 05, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen

Default BEARS and WHALES

Does Greenpeace attack Inuits who go whale hunting?
Just curious.

--Mike L

Greenpeace, AFAIK, harasses the big factory whaling operations that
massacre hundreds at a time. While I am certain that many of them
sympathize directly with the whales (I know I do), their fundamental
goal is species and oceanic preservation. The same is essentially true
of Sea Shepherd, although I think their people may even more strongly
identify with the plight of the whale being hunted.

I don't think they bother the Inuits or others who hunt on a
subsistence basis, although if the target species is truly endangered
they work to find other options.

Bruce Jensen