Old July 17th 03, 09:04 PM
W5DXP

Richard Harrison wrote:
Terman said about the same thing about cancellation of the reflected
wave in a waveguide. Terman offered several methods to generate the
offsetting wave in a waveguide, and there are several ways to generate a
wave which produces cancellation on a transmission line, too.

Trouble is, Terman didn't say anything about what happens to the
intrinsic energy that existed in the waves before they were
canceled. I say the energy in rearward-traveling canceled reflected
waves is reflected back toward the load. Jim (and others) disagree
even though we know that all the energy winds up incident upon the
load.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP