Old November 30th 05, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default my new mobile install - any thoughts?

so I finally got my new IC208h installed in my 2002 Jeep Grand
Cherokee. I did a little research and some brainstorming, but my lack
of experience has me here hoping to get some thoughts on things.

I feed the radio from a relay that switches off the cigarette lighter
fuse, and feeds directly from the battery (as was somewhat reccommended
here). The antenna is a dual band hamstick, and feeds in via 3 types of
cable, including 18" of mini-coax to get through the liftgate seal.

The whole thing can be found at :
http://www.richardvalenta.com/radio/

I'd like to hear what people have to say about things, and I'm thinking
of clipping some of that excess RG58 by the antenna, and replacing the
PL259 end with a ring and a different mount from the hamstick people -
has anyone used a dual-band radio with this 'ring and spade ' type of
connection?

Ideas and thoughts appreciated, thanks.

Richard
N0TZC