Old December 1st 05, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default my new mobile install - any thoughts?

Dick -

I was thinking of cutting it off, and going with a simple ring and the
corresponding mount from the hamstick guys... when I say ring, I mean
something like....

http://www.firestik.com/images/coax-a.gif

But I've only seen that referenced at hamstick (who seems to target HF
more), and for CB installs. Is there a reasons for this? are ring &
spade cable ends not as effective for VHF & UHF use?

I'm always learning...

Richard
N0TZC

PS - thanks for being constructive, i made the same post on a board
online, and some guy made me feel like a fool on this- my first install
ever. its good to know there are guys out there who are willing to
help.