Old December 1st 05, 06:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default using a model

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:46:22 -0800, dansawyeror
wrote:
After many attempts to solve this I have struck upon a solution to 'get close'.
I have decided to build a model that works on 2 meters. This will be small
enough to construct in the shack and to experiment with various 'grounds'.

Hi Dan,

One will be in the size of the components. If you use, say, 1/4 inch
tubing, then are you prepared to erect the full-scale with 10 inch
equivalents? Same goes for that coil load which is going to suffer
enormously with skin effect at 2M - unless you are going to build a
large coil at 75M.

Ground characteristics are not the same for 75M as they are at 2M.

Umm, let's see, the radiator and radials, the loading coil, ground -
have we left anything out?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC