Old December 1st 05, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default getting bit by my FT-101EE chassis

This is indeed the case for the FT-101E whose schematic I just
examined. What I did was remove the 2-wire cord, and then connect a
3-wire cord where plus and minus hot were in former locations, then
soldered the neutral wire of the cord to the plug's ground pin. Hope
that would work. The voltage divider effect bears out in the fact that
my original exposure to the AC was not immediately fatal.

I think from now on, I should NEVER operate a rig powered by a 2 wire
cord.... I should always replace with 3-wire on general principles.

The Eternal Squire