Old December 1st 05, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK

Default Gene Scott's Rolls Royce on ebay

In article , says...
For any diehard Gene Scott fans, you can buy his '67 Rolls Royce
Corniche Coupe on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

It's apparent one of the things he didn't do with money from folks who
got on the telephones is take care of his car.

Not sure if the radio is a shortwave one, but it's obviously a more
modern replacement.

LOL, one of the ugliest engine compartments I've seen in a long time.

I wonder if his Jack Russells rode in the back seat of the Rolls. Hyper
little *******s...

It doesn't smoke? The ones from the mid 70's sure did. Brand new, most
of the time. I was soooo happy to flunk all the Rollses, Benzes, and
Beemers when they came in for emissions testing, just to see the look on
the owner's faces. The Beemers and Benzes just put out too much CO, but
the Rolls motors were total crap. They failed often, tossing rods and
spinning bearings. They made jet engines too.....scary!

One guy had just bought a Rolls in Beverly hills and it had about 1200
miles on it when he took it home to Vegas and had to register it in
Nevada as a used car. It smoked like hell and he went ballistic when I
told him he needed to take it to the local Rolls place.

The Rolls place passed it, and got nailed by DMV for it. That thing had
the piston rings of a 150,000 mile Ford Pinto..

BDK