Old December 1st 05, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Chuck Sherwood

Default re-entering ham radio

I still hear signals on the bands so at least somebody is xmitting...

Sure you hear lots of signals on the bands. Appliance operators and
cb'ers.

I doubt that CBs are sending morse code. I heard some CW signals
that sould like beginners too so perhaps there is some new blood
in the hobby.

Anyway I would rather be listening to the radio that read some of
the crap that is posted in these newsgroups. I don't the condition
of ham radio but I must say the condition of news groups associated
with ham radio have declined a lot since I last read them.

I must say that someones advice to find a local club is the way
to go. At least people there are interested in HR and not just
there to kick other people or make dirty jokes.

chuck