Old December 1st 05, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Planting phony stories

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

MnMikew wrote:

"yojimbo" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/007148.php

As we know now from the LATimes and the NYTimes,

Now there's some non-partisan sources. NOT!

They're both the DNCTimes. East and West Coast editions.

I don't read the Times from either coast due to their liberal bias. I
don't read or support their web sites either.

All newspapers are generally on the decline because of the poor
reporting and bias exhibited in the daily print. The newspapers used to
have a lock on reporting the news so the general public was ignorant of
this fact but not anymore. AM broadcast talk radio, AM radio news, the
Internet and satellite have become alternate sources of news reporting
and commentary.

In the past unless you had a short-wave radio you did not really
understand what was going on out in the world. All you had was the
newspapers and their slant. The three networked TV and radio news was
mostly in lock step with the newspapers and you would get the same
story from them. Short-wave was the only way you could hear what other
countries had to say about events or about the USA "directly" without
the newspapers filtering what they had to say but only the short-wave
listening crowd had that ability.

Not only did I listen to Russia, Red China and other communist
countries SW broadcasts I also used to read their news network over
short-wave with a Universal RTTY decoder. Listening to their networked
news their main object was to nuke if necessary then over run the USA,
Israel, Vietnam, South Korea and basically just grind us into the dust.
The USA was evil and deserved whatever it had coming to it. The total
defeat and occupation of the USA was was the goal all the communists
countries worked toward and that is still their objective today. You
did not hear ANY of this strident talk reported in the main stream
media until recently.

Today people have more of these alternate sources to compare to the
newsprint and are rejecting the poor reporting and bias in reporting
the news and the general public has also rejected to greater degree the
biased commentary about the news. Since a greater percentage of the
population have other sources to compare the print reporters "take" on
the news than just short-wave radio more and more people are becoming
aware of the media bias and are rejecting that bias.

The East and West coast Times have not learned their lesson that they
no longer have a lock on the news reporting and will continue to
decline.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California