Old December 1st 05, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Scott Dorsey

Default OFF TOPIC, but how do y'all read these news groups?

In article , wrote:
For 18 years, I've been reading newgroups on Unix (or Linux) machines,
first using "rn" (readnews) and later "nn" (netnews), but now my ISP
(Kansas State University) has notified me that, because their news server
is getting old and because I'm one of only a very few users, they are
dropping the service as of 28 December.

If you like using the old rn, nn, and tin servers, get a shell account
from Panix. You can telnet or ssh in from anywhere in the world, type
"rn" at the shell prompt and go. And it's ten bucks a month and the
tech support is better than you've ever had from Computer Services at KSU.
--scott