Old December 2nd 05, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Woody

Default re-entering ham radio

Heh.. nobody out there willing to "Elmer"...

However, there does seem to be a plethora of people looking to inflate their
egos,
or better yet, sit and tell others how clueless they are; and call it
teaching.
Then there's a few that I'd swear could literally dumb another person to
death with their random babble.
It's funny [and not limited to ham radio] that only the 'can't teach' types
always seem be the teachers.
Plus, I've never met a ham that wasn't involved in/obsessed with, a
power-struggle of some sort.
Who needs it?

No one wants to show you how to do something, they just want to talk about
how you can't.
[see below]

The truly intelligent only pass through amateur radio, finding out they were
better off without it.
So, yes ma'am, nothing left but appliance ops and CB-types that won't listen
anyone and think they know it all.
It's a pathetic cycle, eh?

Oh, and ham isn't going anywhere... it's akin to a bug on a windshield....
wipe on it and all you get is a bigger mess that still won't go away.

rb
....with another shameless plug for www.hamsexy.com

"dontspam" wrote in message

Sure you hear lots of signals on the bands. Appliance operators and
cb'ers.

On 1 Dec 2005 15:05:32 GMT, (Chuck
Sherwood) wrote:

I would foget ham radio. It is on the way out.
Get some woodworking tools.

That is what they said 10 years ago..
I still hear signals on the bands so at least somebody
is xmitting...

I don't particularly like woodworking.

chuck