Old December 2nd 05, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default UPS Rate Increase

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 04:46:22 GMT, Dave Heil

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:56:49 GMT, Dave Heil
wrote:

Peter Wieck wrote:
John:

The amount of $$ appropriated for the Gulf War to-date is ~averaging
4.8 billion-with-a-B dollars per month. Allow 24 months, that comes to:
$115,200,000,000 .

115,200,000,000/285,000,000 = $404/person.

As of November 5.

This does not count the thousands of contracts for 'infrastructure' and
other items. That total brings the cost-per-capita to around
$750/person excepting those employed by Haliburton.

I would still rather see that money spent in West Virginia for schools...
Thanks very much but we have plenty of schools. We have so many that a
number are being closed. School consolidation is taking place. If
you'd like to send us something, we could use prime beef or Stilton cheese.

...or Mississippi, or Louisiana, even Texas, Alabama or Arkansas. God help
us, even Camden, NJ. At least when my present-and-future grandchildren
are paying it back there will be a discernable benefit.
"discernible"

I think we are seeing and will see such a benefit. I don't put a price
on my freedom.

But that would be too much like thinking from an administration
bankrupt in that skill.
You're an expert in foreign policy, are you?

I like a lot of folks much more when you're discussing boatanchors.

Funny, we feel the same way about you.

We? Is that you and your rig?

I'll guess that you speak only for yourself and that you do put a price
limit on your freedom.

Yep, I won't give it up for the illusory "tradeoffs" others
are willing to make with their civil liberties.

Dave K8MN