Old December 2nd 05, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
dontspam

Default re-entering ham radio

Amen Woody

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 02:08:14 GMT, "Woody"
wrote:

Heh.. nobody out there willing to "Elmer"...

However, there does seem to be a plethora of people looking to inflate their
egos,
or better yet, sit and tell others how clueless they are; and call it
teaching.
Then there's a few that I'd swear could literally dumb another person to
death with their random babble.
It's funny [and not limited to ham radio] that only the 'can't teach' types
always seem be the teachers.
Plus, I've never met a ham that wasn't involved in/obsessed with, a
power-struggle of some sort.
Who needs it?

No one wants to show you how to do something, they just want to talk about
how you can't.
[see below]

The truly intelligent only pass through amateur radio, finding out they were
better off without it.
So, yes ma'am, nothing left but appliance ops and CB-types that won't listen
anyone and think they know it all.
It's a pathetic cycle, eh?

Oh, and ham isn't going anywhere... it's akin to a bug on a windshield....
wipe on it and all you get is a bigger mess that still won't go away.

rb
...with another shameless plug for www.hamsexy.com

"dontspam" wrote in message
.. .

Sure you hear lots of signals on the bands. Appliance operators and
cb'ers.

On 1 Dec 2005 15:05:32 GMT, (Chuck
Sherwood) wrote:

I would foget ham radio. It is on the way out.
Get some woodworking tools.

That is what they said 10 years ago..
I still hear signals on the bands so at least somebody
is xmitting...

I don't particularly like woodworking.

chuck