Old July 16th 03, 02:54 PM
Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article , VHFRadioBuff
says...

Does anyone have links to pictures of mobile APRS setups? I think I know how I
want to set mine up, but I'd like to see pics of what other hams have done.

There's a lot more there than just my APRS radio, but...

http://www.bluefeathertech.com/kc7gr/thevan.html

The APRS transceiver, as mentioned earlier, is a converted
Motorola Mitrek. You'll see it on the upper shelf, just below the power
inverter. The Kantronics is secured to its topside with industrial-
strength Velcro.

The GPS receiver is a Garmin-15 series OEM engine, in a mil-
surplus housing, right next to the Mitrek. To the left of the Mitrek,
barely visible in the shot, is a little DC injector (also called a
'Bias-Tee') that, in my case, was required to make my GPS antenna happy
(it required 12V bias as opposed to the more usual 5V).

Said receiver has a single serial output that is dual-connected to
both the TNC and computer. Seems to work pretty well.

Keep in mind that, based on what you've posted before, my setup is
probably more effort than you would want to go to, especially where the
onboard computer is concerned. However, you asked for pictures of APRS
setups, soooo...... ;-)

73 de KC7GR

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)