Old December 3rd 05, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Target Areas, Azimuth, etc...?

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:31:43 GMT, (Mark Zenier)
wrote:

In article ,
Rob P wrote:
I was looking thru the FCC database and came across listings for "Target
Area".

One said "10-13"

Get a hold of the international broadcast regulations. (
www.fcc.gov, or
access.gpo.gov and look for the National Archives web pages and look for
"Code of Federal Regulation"). Last I knew, this would be "47 CFR Part
73 Subpart F". One page of this is a world map with the target regions.

dig,dig...

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_04/47cfr73_04.html
and download the .pdf for 73.703

Also, does "Azimuth" tell you where they are beaming their antenna to?

This one said 75.0 & 100.0. How do you interpret that?

The map, (and another poster), indicates those are Central and South
America. But using 0=North, 90=East doesnt' make sense unless the
transmitter is out in the Pacific somewhere. There should be a
latitude/longitude in the database, too, that should give a doublecheck.

Mark Zenier

Alaska? It would blanket all of North America.