Old December 3rd 05, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred W4JLE

Default My vertical blew down!!!

It begs the question, what was it made of? It must have been very thin metal
to blow apart only 16 feet, guyed by ropes.

Please enlighten us.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

It seems that my location boasts 60 to 110 mph winds on a regular
basis. I had put up a 1/4 wavelength 20m vertical with 1/8 wavelength
radials elevated at 7 feet, with rope guys... and the wind blew it
apart like so much tin foil!

Does anyone know of a decent commercial design for less than $1000 for
a free standing 30 to 40 foot support that can take this darn wind???

Thanks,

The Eternal Squire