Old December 4th 05, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dansawyeror

Default how to measure antenna impedance ?

All,

I am trying to measure antenna impedance. For this I intend to us a directional
coupler to isolate reflected signal. After using the coupler for a while I
believe that it introduces a phase shift, that shift seems to be related to
frequency. This creates a bit of a catch 22. Antenna resonance is defined as the
frequency where there is no reflected complex component. If the tool to measure
this is also frequency dependent how can this be accomplished? Is this even the
best method?

Do bi-directional couplers automatically compensate for frequency shift?

Thanks - Dan kb0qil