Old December 3rd 05, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IEEE study on twisted pair.

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
"Tom Holden" wrote:

wrote in message
Or maybe not, after all some people still insist the world is flat.....

or twisted...
Good stuff, Terry.

Twisted pair or coax are just engineering solutions to a problem. Both
have their place depending on what you want to accomplish, money spent,
et cetera.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

++++++++++++++++++++++++
I wasn't trying say that coax is always "better" then twisted, but
after the 150
nonesense posts on the subject I wanted to dump some reality based math

on the subject.

As I have pointed out before in this NG, even coax can suffer from
ingress.
It just has a lot less then any balanced line I have experimented with.

I use balanced audio, video, data and networking, lines everyday at
work and
at home. But for low level RF distribution I have found that coax,
triax or twinax
beats any sort of balanced line when it comes to keeping iterference
out.

I still wish the proponenets on both sides would just string ~100' of
each type
line out, terminate properly, couple to the receiver properly, ie use a
transformer
to convert the balanced to unbalanced, and see which has the most
"stary" signal
pickup.

I want to do every thing I can to make sure that my 1uV signal from my
antenna
doesn't get smoothered in crud before it gets into my receiver. I get
enough crud
from the electronic crap that surrounds me.

Terry