Old July 28th 03, 08:38 AM
Roger Barker

In article , Dick
writes
I am just starting to explore the world of APRS, so I am feeling my
way along here. As I understand from reading the manuals for the
TinyTrak and MIC-E tnc's, there are repeaters that can extract the
APRS tone burst when making a voice contact on a normal repeater and
rebroadcast it into the APRS system. I assume it would be like a
digipeater on 144.39.

What you are talking about is described in MIC-E.TXT, which is one of
the documents distributed by WB4APR with his DOS APRS package. I think
it was originally written about 10 years ago.

From the comments being made, it sounds like you folks over there never
implemented the idea?

--
Roger Barker, G4IDE -