Old December 4th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

Default FA: RAY JEFFERSON 630 RADIO DIRECTION FINDING RADIOCheep

"The Magnum" wrote in message
The Magnum wrote:

Sounds like an interesting device. I can see its usefulness, as far as
positioning offensive breakers I hadn't considered that but now you
mention
it I can. We used to play a game with the larger CB club in our area in
the
really early 80's called "Fritz von nastys" where a member of the opposing
club would kidnap someone and then transmit for 1 min every 10 mins for us
to try to track them down. We used positioning of vehicles and poundage
checks with maps and two of us actually had DF loops and it was a hell of
lot of fun. I could see that device being useful for that too. Shame that
it
has disappeared because it bought people closer together in a friendly
working atmosphere. Breakers these days just don't get involved with
things
like that anymore. Well that's how it is in England anyhows.

Cheers Jay,
Graham

--

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73's - Graham (www.open-channel.co.uk)

We had a similar game we called CB tag.One person gets 5 mins to hide in
town and the rest of us tried to locate him. I carried a 2 watt walkie
talkie when I thought they were getting close.LOL