Old September 21st 03, 05:04 PM
mike

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:01:45 -0700, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

High Al (high permeability) ferrites are very useful at RF. They're
widely used for broadband transformers, baluns, and EMI suppression
chokes, and are in fact very often the best choice for those
applications. If DC current is low enough to avoid saturation, they also
make excellent RF chokes -- ones that maintain a high impedance over a
very wide bandwidth and don't show any appreciable self resonant effect.

The only RF application they're not good for is inductors in tuned or
high-Q circuits, such as filters and tank circuits, or as tuned
transformers.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Thats what I figured. I have kept them for this very purpose.

mike