Old December 4th 05, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
james

Default moonraker 4 antenna mod's

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:34:07 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

+But not all beams are. Money is well spent in the proper feeding and
+matching of any antenna. Which is not always the mass produced,
+manufactured low cost way.
+
+Having a beam antenna with a low cost and lossy feed system, is like
+Nascar with a one barrel carburetor on it. It will look good and make
+some noise but get easily beat.
+
+Jay in the Mojave

*****

This is a good one. Best laugh I h ave had in a few days.

thanks
james

ps:

I just love people that slam mass manufactureing. Without it you sure
as heck wouldn't be buying stuff at the prices you do.

james