Old December 5th 05, 05:33 PM posted to de.sci.electronics,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson

Default "Standard parts" for rf amps?

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:14:15 GMT, Andy Cowley
wrote:

RST Engineering (jw) wrote:

Agreed, John, 150 MHz is damned near DC for a lot of us, but as yet I have
no answer from the "spice" folks for the 1 nf capacitor question. A lot of
fancydancing but no answers.

Try them on a toroidal inductor, even at HF. I have good reason to
believe they won't have anything like a model to predict self
capacitance/resonance.

vy 73

Andy, M1EBV

Model making is driven by need. 1nF capacitors don't exist on-chip
(at least not very often , so I don't have a model. But I have
built a model of a wirebond that is good up into the 3GHz range.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |