Old December 6th 05, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Robert11

Default Antennas And Lightning Induced Voltage Transients

Hello:

We get a lot of lightning strikes around here, and was wondering about this:

Presently have a receive-only random length wire running around the inside
of my attic.

Guess I'm not really too worried about "direct" lightning strikes; if there
is one I imagine I have a lot more to worry about than the radio.

But, does the roof provide any protection from nearby lightning strikes
inducing a high transient voltage
into the indoor attic antenna wire, as compared to if I had the wire antenna
strung outside the house ?
Again, from an induced voltage standpoint concern.

Or, is the fact that it is indoors really meaningless ?

Thanks,
Bob