Old September 17th 03, 12:14 AM
charlesb

wrote in message

;-) Just yanking your chain. It's written for "Winders" because

that's
what over 90% of all hams use. The guy could have written it for Linux

too,
but then he'd feel obligated to write it for the C-64, the Amiga, the

Mac,
and all the other third-weenie stuff. If you do it for one odball

system,
they expect you to do it for them all, so the author drew the line at
"Winders".

- ah! but here's the point: if it were open source, the 'guy' wouldn't
have to write it for those other platforms - and the app would be
better, more secure, etc.

That's why it wasn't written open source. It's a "Winders" program.

I suppose the author must think that those open-source programmers are so
skillful and productuive that they would finish it up before he possibly
could, so he didn't worry about those oddball platforms that hardly anybody
uses. The open-source guys have probably already written it by now anyway,
but we just haven't heard about it yet. Yeah, I bet that's it. Yep. - And
it will port right over to my Commode C64. You betcha!

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Charles Brabham, N5PVL