Old December 8th 05, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default can rotator power be used to power amplifier?

Hi,

I posted here a few years back about my TV antenna:
http://tinyurl.com/a93e9

I'm now thinking of adding a pre-amp as someone suggested.

The antenna rotator receives some power through the walls and roof. Is
it possible to use this power to provide power to a pre-amp? If so,
does this apply to any particular model(s) of pre-amp?

I'm not using the rotator and would be glad to disconnect it from its
power supply if that would simplify matters.

I get good reception on NBC/ABC/CBS (all VHF) in general, but my
Dish-811 HDTV receiver only locks onto a sufficient HDTV signal from
PBS (UHF), FOX (VHF) and some of the other OTA channels about 75% of
the time, and I'd like to do better.

Thanks,

Jonathan