Old December 9th 05, 08:43 AM posted to de.sci.electronics,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
Henry Kiefer

Default "Standard parts" for rf amps?

For timing purposes I suggest using a ready-to-use clock generator in tiny
SOT-23 or alike. For example from www.linear.com and www.maxim-ic.com
They have a accuracy well in the 2% range and can be tuned with a little
resistor 1%. Maxim sells a 32768Hz variant - crystal controlled.
They're all digital ouput!

Building a 32KHz oscillator with a clock crystal and having sinus output is
really simple with CMOS buffers.
You can mix the signal with RF getting an IF somewhere. Look at the app note
at www.cypress.com how to build a time-code receiver using that concept -
just of the cystral and cypress mixed-signal controller.

- Henry

"Winfield Hill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hal Murray wrote...

I have a nice line of 2% caps in stock, but where do you
get the elusive (affordable) 1% capacitors?

Digikey stocks a handful of Panasonic ECQ-P(Z),
POLYPROPYLENE, Radial, 0.001 to 0.47 uF.

That's good to hear of, thanks! The 2% parts I have in stock
are the same series, but cheaper 2% parts. I didn't realize
DigiKey carried so many 1% film capacitor values in stock.

--
Thanks,
- Win