Old December 9th 05, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Bowey

Default curing chirp ??

On 12/8/05 2:09 PM, in article , "de Mac"
wrote:

Hello gang

Little chirp never hurt anybody,
some chirp ads character to a signal

not about to change 60 year old ART-13
or play around other old style tube/hb transmitters
to try to get rid of something, I like!

key clicks diffrent story
nothing like causing crud 10 kc or more up and down band

when I hear a chirp on some ops sig
usualy it means they are running hb or older tube rig

often give them a call
know if start to talk about 6AG7 6L6 mopa, 45 push pull hartley
or autodine receivers

there is a good chance the op on the other end
will know what the heck im talking about
and
not come back with
"wx here is"

still use an old bug, so not only have a chirp,
but also some Lake Eire swing

please keep those OO cards comming in for drift and chirp
working on WAS OO

thank you
Mac w8znx, real radios still glow in the dark

In the 50's, just as today, chirp was something only a Lid's transmitter
would have. It was *rare* that anyone had a persistent chirp. If someone
had chirp they fixed it; sometimes with a hammer. Even some crystal chirp
faults could be fixed by a little work on the bevel of the crystal's edge.

Chirp is for the birds.

Swing is for those who have it, not make it.

Yes, real radios glow in the dark, but today's fake radios have better specs
and DO perform better. My old line through 60 years included BC-312, a
couple HROs, HQ-129X, NC-125, SX-100, GPR-90, 51J-4, some homebrew, and some
I don't recall, but I like my R71A better than all of them.

Nostalgia looks great on a shelf.

A 300W plate modulated signal using an old D-104 mike on 75M still sounds
great.

Don