Old December 10th 05, 07:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Charlie

Default Coax recomendations

I would recommend you take a look at Davis RF "BuryFlex" 9914. It is very
nearly the exact same loss per 100ft (within a couple tenths of a db) as
LMR400 and/or 9913. It can be directly buried in the soil with no other
provisions needed. It has an abrasion resistant non-contaminating jacket
that has a warranted 20 year service life. It is also quite affordable at
about $.60/ft. It is very flexible and indeed is fine even as rotator
loops. I use it on all bands I run from HF thru 6M and 2M. It uses standard
UHF or N connectors as well. Loss per 100ft at 400MHZ is 2.9db

Check it out here....

1. http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm#buryflex

--

Charlie

"Ross Biggar" wrote in message
I am putting up a second tower , but it will be about 200feet from the
shack and about 70feet high.
What coax is recommended to reduce loss to a minimum,and to feed a
multiband beam with a 2kw amplifier.
Hard line excepted due to cost.
Regards
Ross