Old December 10th 05, 11:41 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Paul Burridge

Default FAQ

What is this absurd fascination with Morse Code? Wouldnt you rather just
talk to people? I know all about the arguements about it getting through
when all else fails but is it really life and death?? If i cant get through
on the radio I use a Phone or the Internet. After all its just a hobby.
Besides, doesnt all that dot dot dot.. dash dash dash give you a headache
after a while??
Dont get me wrong, im not having a go at Amateurs im just asking the
question.. why is it so important?

It has its own abiding fascination for some of us. And if you get
selfish idiots on SSB encroaching on the CW end of bands, you can blow
them away without difficulty and still carry on an uninterrupted QSO
with fellow CWers.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd" - William Blake