Old December 10th 05, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default Coax recomendations

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:59:27 -0600, "Charlie"
wrote:

Have you looked at all the positive user's reviews at eHam about it?

User reviews are testimonial, not skilled measurement.

One might also want to check this link for another endorsement of Davis

Endorsements are just that, again, not skilled measurement.

The again one could just read what is posted at this link at the eHam
Elmer's Forum - all very positive

Being positive and being correct are not the same thing.

I'm saying what he saw

Roy and anyone else is perfectly capable of speaking for him(them)self
and telling us what he (they) saw. Interpretation is prone to
transcription error, a frequent element of testimonial and
endorsement.

1. Maybe he
2. Maybe he
3. Maybe he

There are no maybes. Within this group there are experts in every
sense of the word that are credentialed and experienced. Among this
group are several Metrologists who do or have done these kind of
things (determine loss) for a living.

4. etc etc etc....NO ONE else I can find dislikes this 9914!!!

Roy is not offering an expression of personal taste, he is merely
stating that products often suffer claim inflation, which we can
observe to be inflated further by uninformed testimony. He offered
one very specific counter-claim in a region of RF that is especially
prone to error from the horde of eham testifiers. Their possession of
exotic tools does not confer upon them the ability to correctly
determine power (and by that extension loss).

If you want to challenge a technical statement, you have to go to the
statement and examine it by parts. Ask for data. Ask for the
references (and I don't mean chapter citations). Look at the
computations. Rebutting with testimonials is useless as they only
serve vanity.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC