Old December 10th 05, 09:57 PM
de Mac de Mac is offline
Junior Member

Location: near detroit

Yes, real radios glow in the dark, but today's fake radios have better[/color]
specs
and DO perform better. My old line through 60 years included BC-312, a
couple HROs, HQ-129X, NC-125, SX-100, GPR-90, 51J-4, some homebrew, and

some
I don't recall, but I like my R71A better than all of them.

Nostalgia looks great on a shelf.

A 300W plate modulated signal using an old D-104 mike on 75M still sounds
great.

Don

[/quote]
most of the better old tube receivers can still copy weak sig
on 80 or 40 cw than most of the so called modern
dc to daylight solid state radios

you can keep the R71A
I will keep using my 75S 3, 2A, 2B, NC 183D, HRO 5RA 1, R 390A

and if nostalgia realy looks best on the shelf
guess 300watts class b plate mod am rig should
also be set aside for modern JA rice box radios

lets see now
you object to lake eire swing and chirp
but like class b plate mod AM on 75 meters

sure sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me

de Mac w8znx