Old December 10th 05, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike

Default Coax recomendations

I had a bad experience with Belden 9913 and if Davis 9914 has the same
mechanical properties, be careful. I taped some 9913 to a mast and
sometime later discovered it had been squished flat from the tight wrap
of electrical tape. I have also seen people ty-rap 9913 and destroy its
shape. If Davis 9914 has the center conductor suspended by a thin spiral
thing like 9913, I would not be surprised with varying performance when
bending it. Here is some coax that looks like better performance than
9913 or Davis 9914 (2.7dB/450MHz/100ft) has the same Polyethylene outer
jacket as Davis and is cheaper. Check
http://yanta.pair.com/jefatech/specs...LL400Specs.pdf
Mike

Charlie wrote:
I would recommend you take a look at Davis RF "BuryFlex" 9914. It is very
nearly the exact same loss per 100ft (within a couple tenths of a db) as
LMR400 and/or 9913. It can be directly buried in the soil with no other
provisions needed. It has an abrasion resistant non-contaminating jacket
that has a warranted 20 year service life. It is also quite affordable at
about $.60/ft. It is very flexible and indeed is fine even as rotator
loops. I use it on all bands I run from HF thru 6M and 2M. It uses standard
UHF or N connectors as well. Loss per 100ft at 400MHZ is 2.9db

Check it out here....

1. http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm#buryflex