Old December 10th 05, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Charlie

Default Coax recomendations

If Davis 9914 has the center conductor suspended by a thin spiral
thing like 9913,

Davis BuryFlex 9914 does not have the center conductor suspended by a thin
spiral.
1. http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm#buryflex

It amazes me that no one else (that I can find) has found Davis BuryFlex to
be "bad coax". It has been in production well over 10 years.
Moreover I am amazed how many of you are non-thinking lambs following along
head-to-tail after your shepherd.
And also Davis emphasizes in it's data that this coax is flexible enough for
rotator loops and yet one guy says it is "bad coax" and so everyone falls to
their knees and worships accordingly?

And as far as data goes...is this guys data more accurate then the Davis RF
company that has been in the wire and cable business
with engineering professionals on the payroll since 1980? Sheesh......take
off the blinders people.....thousands of miles of Davis 9914 have been
installed by government,commercial and amateur stations and just now we find
out it's "bad coax" after more than 10 years?

Somebody is asleep at the switch.......

--

Charlie

"Mike" wrote in message
. net...
I had a bad experience with Belden 9913 and if Davis 9914 has the same
mechanical properties, be careful. I taped some 9913 to a mast and sometime
later discovered it had been squished flat from the tight wrap of
electrical tape. I have also seen people ty-rap 9913 and destroy its shape.
If Davis 9914 has the center conductor suspended by a thin spiral thing
like 9913, I would not be surprised with varying performance when bending
it. Here is some coax that looks like better performance than 9913 or Davis
9914 (2.7dB/450MHz/100ft) has the same Polyethylene outer jacket as Davis
and is cheaper. Check
http://yanta.pair.com/jefatech/specs...LL400Specs.pdf
Mike

Charlie wrote:
I would recommend you take a look at Davis RF "BuryFlex" 9914. It is
very nearly the exact same loss per 100ft (within a couple tenths of a
db) as LMR400 and/or 9913. It can be directly buried in the soil with no
other provisions needed. It has an abrasion resistant non-contaminating
jacket that has a warranted 20 year service life. It is also quite
affordable at about $.60/ft. It is very flexible and indeed is fine even
as rotator loops. I use it on all bands I run from HF thru 6M and 2M. It
uses standard UHF or N connectors as well. Loss per 100ft at 400MHZ is
2.9db

Check it out here....

1. http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm#buryflex