Old December 11th 05, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen

Default Coax recomendations

Phil Wheeler wrote:
Wes Stewart wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:27:18 -0600, "Charlie"
wrote:

Sounds like a flawed test setup.

Hah hah. Very funny.

If Roy says it's bad--it's bad.

Agreed!

Please, folks, I didn't say that Davis BuryFlex is bad. I said that
careful measurements of the one 100 foot piece I have show it to have
much more loss than the specification indicates, and that the loss is
variable with flexing and bending. It's possible that the piece I have
is somehow defective. Everyone can interpret and act on this or not as
they choose. But I certainly won't be installing this brand and type of
cable in a critical application without carefully testing it first.

Huge numbers of ravingly positive testimonials can be found for CFA
antennas, cryogenically treated oxygen-free speaker cable, astrological
forcasts, and homeopathic remedies. I'm not interested in testimonials
for those or for coax cable either, all for the same reason. But I'd
love to see the results of anyone else's measurements.

The 100 foot piece I have was purchased several years ago from The
Wireman, so I know it's the genuine article. (It's also marked as Davis
BuryFlex.) It's been inside and unused since.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL