Old December 11th 05, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Charlie

Default Coax recomendations

I have emailed Davis RF and asked them to send me their test results. Yes
it will be interesting.

Roy..doesn't seem a bit odd that NO ONE ELSE in over 10 years of BuryFlex
production has cited these same alarming "test results".

--

Charlie

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
I'd be glad to compare results and methodologies with anyone else who has
measured this coax. It would be particularly interesting and educational
if someone else's results are significantly different from mine.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Charlie wrote:
If Davis 9914 has the center conductor suspended by a thin spiral

thing like 9913,

Davis BuryFlex 9914 does not have the center conductor suspended by a
thin spiral.
1. http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/coax.htm#buryflex

It amazes me that no one else (that I can find) has found Davis BuryFlex
to be "bad coax". It has been in production well over 10 years.
Moreover I am amazed how many of you are non-thinking lambs following
along head-to-tail after your shepherd.
And also Davis emphasizes in it's data that this coax is flexible enough
for rotator loops and yet one guy says it is "bad coax" and so everyone
falls to their knees and worships accordingly?

And as far as data goes...is this guys data more accurate then the Davis
RF company that has been in the wire and cable business
with engineering professionals on the payroll since 1980?
Sheesh......take off the blinders people.....thousands of miles of Davis
9914 have been installed by government,commercial and amateur stations
and just now we find out it's "bad coax" after more than 10 years?

Somebody is asleep at the switch.......