Old December 11th 05, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Charlie

Default Coax recomendations

Owen it is NOT brand loyalty. It is the publicly published data by RF Davis
(for the past 10+ years) vs. Roy's one-shot test setup some years ago. I'm
not out to discredit Roy...I even shook his hand once at a Hamfest.

--

Charlie

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:15:44 -0800, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

If no other reader of this newsgroup has some of this cable and the
ability to test it, I'll see if I can arrange for someone else to make
measurements and post results.

Roy, this seems a case of brand loyalty vs objective measurement and
evaluation (albeit on a single sample).

You will change your mind based on more measurement data, either
strengthening your existing opionion or changing it.

Those with brand loyalty already know all they need to know, life is
comfortable.

You are talking different languages, and the only way there will be
agreement is if you capitulate (which would be unprincipled in the
absence of evidence).

Owen

I remember the fierce debates over 9913, there were nearly as many
words written about how fabulous it was, as there were words written
on how to keep water out of it.