Old December 11th 05, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dick

Default Yaesu VX-1 battery needed!

On 11 Dec 2005 03:23:53 -0800, wrote:

My Yaesu VX-1 here has a totally dead FNB-52Li Lithium Ion 3.6V
700mAh battery. Any one have that clever single AA cell booster insert
to hand instead - although lower Tx power this would be all that's
needed. Alternatively any bright ideas on a repack of the Li battery
appreciated. I'm pretty skilled & the VX-1 is otherwise wasted just
tethered to a mains supply- I might as well sell it if restricted to
PSU indoors, & a bigger more ergonomic set preferred anyway.

Stan -ZL2AJZ in New Zealand

Here's one.
http://www.batteriesamerica.com/yaesu-vertex.htm They
are even running a special on it right now. You would have to check
their site re overseas shipment.

Dick - W6CCD