Old December 11th 05, 11:28 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy
pointyhead

Default Free speech

Dave Heil wrote:

I think I see your point: America defeats Britain in the Revolutionary
War.

Hmmm. There is no doubt that had Britain taken this war seriously it
would have won it.

America defeats Britain in the War of 1812.

Ho Ho! I suppose you'll be telling us next the White House was torched
by aliens?

America pulls
Britain's fat from the fire in WWI.

America came into the war when it was all but won and 3 years after it
started. Its troops played only a minor but crucial role. America saw
the potential for profit and a chance to increase its sphere of
influence for little effort, Britain on the other hand went to war in
defence of its allies.

America pulls Britain's fat from
the fire in WWII.

Once again America enters the war late and only for profit. Britain
entered the war yet again in defence of its Allies. America was the only
country to end the war richer than when it started.

Post WWII finds the British Empire in eclipse.

Indeed. Two world wars cost Britain an Empire.

Six out for twenty-two
overs, Toad-in-a-hole and Bob's your uncle. Is that about it?

No its about the dollar pure and simple. Why don't you go and research
how many wars of aggression America has waged? Name me one time America
has gone to war in defence of its allies please.

And as someone who lives in Northern Ireland I'd like to thank all you
Americans for financing decades of terror in my country, in particular
I'd like to thank the NYPD and the NYFD who openly financed and
supported the IRA. Boy didn't they just love it when it became their
turn to suffer at the hands of murderers?

--
Proud Holder of Old Nick's Deputy First Class Badge