Old December 11th 05, 02:59 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil

Default Free speech

Walt Davidson wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 04:41:44 GMT, Dave Heil
wrote:

America pulls
Britain's fat from the fire in WWI. America pulls Britain's fat from
the fire in WWII.

Pity nobody pulled your fat from the fire in Vietnam, OM.

Did you find anything untruthful in my statements above? There was
certainly no Britain assisting us in Vietnam. Nobody defeated the
United States militarily in Vietnam.

And Britain is pretty much the only country foolish enough to try and
pull your fat from the fire in Iraq right now ...

The British government is quite rightly involved in that which is in its
own self-interest. Wasn't Britain involved in marking up maps to create
the present day Iraq? It would have been nice if someone in charge had
known what tribal groups lived where, don't you think?

73 de G3NYY

P.S. Thanks for your help in the Falklands. We sorted that one out
quite nicely for ourselves, OM.

You actually *did* receive help in several forms during the "fighting"
in the Falklands.

If Great Britain could not wrest control of those islands from
Argentina, it should have held a going out of business sale.

Dave K8MN