Old December 11th 05, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
garigue

Default curing chirp ??

I wouldn't be surprised to see MFJ or one of the other manufacturers
to come out with a 'Chirp Inserter -- to make you sound like a real ham'

Irv VE6BP

1965 ...... after several weeks of collecting junk parts ...... it was ready
.....my transmitter ... didn't have a 6L6 but did have a 6F6 if I remember
..... hook her up to a sloping 40 meter dipole .....2 weeks later and after
hundreds of CQs ....an answer from another novice about 5 miles away
who stated my signal was very poor and raspy ....then to my amazement the
next day .....a postcard from an OO (official observer ARRL) in Oregon.
..... with the same information ....I still have that card somewhere as
proof that the old Pop Electronics rig did get out ...... Yep the magic was
there.

God bless and Merry Christmas all ... Tom Popovic KI3R Belle Vernon PA