Old December 11th 05, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Definitely Not Qualified

From: on Dec 11, 10:06 am

From: on Dec 10, 1:14 pm
From: on Dec 9, 6:28 pm

Jim, is this what you meant when you said that you "served in other
ways?"

Brian,

You have written that phrase as a direct quote, and attributed it to
me.

Where have I written that I 'served in other ways'?

So you haven't "served in other ways?"

Jim? Hello?

I hear nothing from him on "serving."

Could be he fired up his personal "wayback machine" and went back
to 1936 to review the ARRL political situation on morris goad
testing rates. I think that was before "Farnsworth" rates were
introduced.

In 1936 I was 3 to 4 years old. Jimmie didn't exist anywhere
close to zygote stage yet, wouldn't be born for 19 or so years.

September 24, 2004; January 13, February 10, May 25 2005. shrug

Len, thanks for serving up the specific dates of his attempts to claim
some kind of honors, but he's just not worth my time.

Agreed. Jimmie MUST have quotes that are EXACT and WORD-FOR-
WORD. Amazing.

I'm reminded of having been called a "liar" because I said that Michael
Deignan had 12 amateur radio licenses. I was wrong. Michael Deignan's
wife had one of them, at same address (at that time). Mike only had
11. I believe Riley then whittled it down to 3. But I'm a "liar."
Hi! Hi, hi!!! Gotta love these guys.

Heh heh, that "love" is "tough." :-)

Yeah, I remember Mikey D's little missives in here, his
adventures with the (?) "radio commandos." Mikey ain't got
them dozen club calls no more. How about that?

Brian, here's a KEEPER for an EXACT QUOTE. On December 10, 2005,
Jimmie write the following:

"The FCC doesn't license radio amateurs."

Exact, word for word. :-)

Len and Brian,

If you are going to give direct quotes of what someone allegedly wrote, you
should use the exact words they wrote. That's what "direct quote" means.

Jim, please feel free to provide a direct quote.

Well, I think I obliged Jimmie with the destined-to-become-classic
faux pas of his. Here it is again (from 10 Dec 05):

"The FCC doesn't license radio amateurs."

He can't understand that other people read
the entirety of his boasting claims of doing more than others
and doing it oh-so-much-better.

The fact is that you were both shown to be wrong and now you're
trying to tapdance away from the fact that you misguoted me.

Tapdance? Jim, please feel free to provide a direct quote. Really.

Can we have some accompanyment to the time-steps? :-)

Guess I'll have to drive over to one of the "dancer's"
cobbler shops in town and get some tap shoes. One guy
claims to have done it on court shoes (a lot more
comfortable than the leather-top jobbies). Good trick
if they last...

Here's a DIRECT QUOTE again (from Jimmie on 10 Dec 05):

"The FCC doesn't license radio amateurs."

Or even better, you could explain how one "serves in other ways."

Always from the right of the patron? The lady first?

Gosh, we may have to get Jimmie an "Etty-Kit" so he can serve
properly and correctly!

Real estate chatter snipped.

Pity that. Jimmie KNOWS ALL ABOUT the "basis and purpose" of
local zoning ordinances. We can say nothing about zoning
until Jimmie gets us all "zoned" out of this world and into
another realm of existance. Twilight Zone?