Old September 11th 03, 09:01 PM
see sea oh ecks at you aitch see dot comm

In rec.radio.amateur.misc Marco S Hyman wrote:
You don't quite "get" open-source, do you?!

Heh... open-source does not automatically equate to good. Or it
shouldn't, anyway. As in just about anything, 90 percent is crap.
There's some good open source stuff out there, but I've not found much
for amateur radio.

That's true, however, there seemed to be an implied message that all
open-source was junk, at least compared to the excellent-quality (s******)
stuff from Redmond...

On the plus side, what is avaiable makes minimalists such as
myself happy. I'd rather have 10 programs that do one thing well
rather than one program that does 10 things. I seem to be in the
minority in this respect.

// marc

--
Chris Cox, N0UK/G4JEC NIC Handle: CC345
UnitedHealthGroup, Inc., MN10-W116, UNIX Services & Consulting