Old December 11th 05, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chris Suslowicz

Default This Place is Directly Linked to Google Groups?

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Litzendraht wrote:

I just ran across a Google discussion group that is a direct parallel to
this one.

It has the same posts and comments.

Don't know how to send a link to it, but it's identical to this one, but a
different format.

Ain't no computer guy, and I just wonder about these things.

Google groups is nothing more than a HTML portal into Usenet.

A very *bad* HTML portal.

They also have the old Dejavu Usenet archives.

Deja was a useful tool, but after Google took it over and started monkeying
(apologies to all primates everywhere) with it, it's just a source of
aggravation to anyone who tries to use it for serious work.

It's got to the point where people are ignoring posts made via Google,
simply because of the broken quoting style and infestation of idiots
using it.

Stick to real usenet, it's a lot less trouble. 8-)
Chris.

--
If you want a picture of the future of Usenet, imagine a foot stuck in a
human mouth -- for ever. And remember that it is for ever. The mouth