Old December 12th 05, 05:49 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
Doug Smith W9WI

Default Help Defeat Ill-Conceived FLA Radio Law

David Eduardo wrote:
I=B4ll voice my concern about the ARRL, not the law.

I would suggest the League's valid concern is largely over the fear of=20
local law-enforcement officers, not trained in electronics, hassling=20
legal radio amateurs.

It is not difficult to imagine this law causing problems for licensed=20
broadcasters. In cases of front-end overload of police receivers, or of=20
wired-remote equipment being installed too close to an AM transmitter.

Really the problem lies with ineffective enforcement by the FCC.
--=20
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66
http://www.w9wi.com