Old December 12th 05, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Simon Mason

Default Can anyone help?

I have just received the following message from a BBC producer. Can anyone
shed any light on this mystery?
Many thanks.

Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

While speaking to an ex-WWII soldier, he mentioned to me that during Morse
Code training he would occasionally retune his radio, and would often come
across 'Clair de Lune' being played repetitively, at five minute intervals.
He's certain it was some kind of signal, and has often tried to find out if
this was the case.
As it would make an interesting story for my programme I've been doing some
research into this - but to no avail. I've been onto Bletchley Park, and
the Royal Signals Museum, and across to France and the Signals' British
Liaision Officer there, but nothing has come up.

I wonder if you happen to know anything about this? Apart from anything
else it would be lovely to be able to report some news back to my contact