Old December 13th 05, 06:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default degan 1103 question

Hi Roger,

If you're wanting to make this purchase just for the sake of amassing a
collection of portable shortwave radios, then go for it. If you're
looking for some performance edge over what you've already got, then
there's little reason to make this purchase.

Is there perhaps something that you might better put your money
toward...I mean, something which might actually enable you to hear more
with the receivers you currently have? (e.g. an AN-LP1 antenna for use
with your radios? an MFJ 956 or 1046 to prevent overload if/when you
hook your '2010 up to any potential outdoor antenna which you may have
or plan to acquire?).

Of course, it's often fun to have a new radio to play around with, even
if it offers you no real advantage over another you've already got.

Junius

Roger wrote:
Hi all
Well, I am starting to build up my collection of radios thanks to the help
of you guys on here, so far I have got the Sony 2010, Sony7600gr, Sony7600D
and the tecsun PL-230 all of which I am very pleased.
Now I have my eye on a Degan 1103, I have the chance of it at a knock down
price of £20.00pUK Pounds, thats (£35.52USD)

What are they really like,

I have read some conflicting reviews on them and thought the best place to
ask is here on the newsgroup.
regards
Roger
UK