Old December 13th 05, 06:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael A. Terrell

Default can a picture tube be used as an RF amplifier?

wrote:

Hi,

I get a lot of broken TV's for scrapping from time to time, and it
seems that just getting
rid of the tube in the trash is a shameful waste. But I do know that
these are about the
only remaining vaccum tubes still in manufacture in this country. I
understand that most
of the power is supposed to go through the electron gun of the tube,
but I wonder if the
electron gun could be reconfigured as a linear final? Bad idea?

The Eternal Squire

Based on the filament power, how much output do you expect to get?

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida